Backyard Wrestling Rulz Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to BYW

HomeMy First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday EmptyLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

Federations : ABW (defunct), MXW

My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday Empty
PostSubject: My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday   My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 6:44 pm

This is going to be long, but I think you might enjoy the story. It was a pretty crazy Saturday.

There's this guy up in Denver called Nightmare who I've been talking to on MySpace and YouTube for about a year, and like in mid-May he invited Tricky Stycks and I to go to a show his fed is hosting. I wasn't even thinking of it Friday night while I had my girlfriend over (we ate Chipotle and watched Smackdown -- fuck yes), when Tricky called me and reminded me about it. He said Nightmare was willing to pay for a taxi ride up there. Naturally, I was skeptical, so I wanted to back out, but when Tricky said he'd just go alone then, I decided I didn't want to feel like the bitch and I definitely didn't want my best friend going to his first (sort of) supershow without me.

So I convinced my mom to let me spend the night at Tricky's house after I dropped my girlfriend off at home, telling her we were going to one of his band's concerts and we'd probably wrestle at a park in Manitou Springs on Saturday, which covered for the sunburns I ended up getting.

I got there, hung out playing San Andreas with Arlen Keyte (who spent the night) and a couple of other friends who followed us home when we walked back from 7-11 (that pissed Tricky off), and went to bed at about one, though I didn't get to sleep until three because Tricky's cat kept climbing on me and I eventually fell asleep with his paw on my face.

When Tricky woke up, I took my morning poopy and showered. A few minutes after we called for the cab, we heard Tricky's older brother Eddie shouting from his apartment next door. We ran over and saw he had gotten his fingers stuck in the fucking window. While I tried greasing them up with butter, Tricky went and asked his landlord for a hammer. When he came back with the hammer, we managed to pry Eddie's out just as the cab showed up. We ran back to Tricky's apartment, grabbed our stuff, and got in the cab.

After realizing we were teenagers and that we weren't paying anything upfront for a trip all the way to Denver that we told her would be paid by a guy we've never met in person (actually, I said he was my cousin, which probably would have been better for Tricky to say since Nightmare is Mexican), she was a little hesitant, but we managed to get her to trust us.

I'm not going to get much into the trip. Basically, we talked about her kids, a little about wrestling, and then as we got closer to Denver we fussed over the directions Nightmare had to give us over the phone.

Finally, we got to Denver and sure enough, Nightmare wasn't playing some cruel joke on us and was actually there with the cash to pay for our one-hundred-and-ninety-one dollar cab ride. It made us feel like important indie wrestlers.

He took us to our apartment, didn't rape us to our relief, we talked wrestling, and he showed us a couple matches on his WSX DVD. It was WSX, right? That show with crazy effects on MTV that had Bourne, Jack Evans, Teddy Hart and other guys. His friend whose car he was borrowing eventually showed up, we took him to work, and then went off to pick up a couple of Nightmare's other wrestlers.

Let me explain what kind of wrestlers we're talking about. Nightmare's fed is called WWJ, which stands for World Wrestling Juggalos. I didn't really know what a juggalo was until after the show, but I knew it had something to do with ICP and I understood their preferred style was hardcore -- garbage wrestling, to be honest.

As members of ABW, we're more used to technical storyline, so we were a bit worried about getting caught up in a bunch of garbage matches. Plus, we go to school in Manitou Springs, which is pretty much a hippie town, so the whole juggalo thing was a bit intimidating. Surprisingly Tricky was more concerned about us getting our asses kicked than I was. Either growing up in Las Vegas (during which he was shot in the ass) didn't make him as street tough as I thought, or maybe he was more receptive to hostility I never noticed.

At the house the show would be held at, we met the owner, Skinny. He's fat. What guy named Skinny isn't fat? That didn't bother me, but what did freak me out was realizing that the little kid who was hanging around wasn't his little brother like I thought, but his son -- and Skinny was in his 40's. I guess fat is ageless.

We spent the next few hours watching the members of WWJ smoke pot, drink, and Skinny in particular drank some weird colored liquids out of honey bottles his friend (a dealer) brought over. What was funny was that one of the members was straightedge (both kayfabe and not), so they kept joking they were going to force him to chug a beer.

For the first hour I enjoyed talking to the wrestlers closer to my age. We had some good talks about wrestling. But eventually I felt out of place as everyone was getting high and drunk.

The show was supposed to start at 3:30, but it wasn't until 5:30 when it finally got underway. We had built an entranceway out of those white, plastic pipes and curtains, but it kept falling over in the time we waited for the show to begin.

What was the opening match? Me, Tricky Stycks, and two completely green wrestlers for WWJ, as in guys who had decided like an hour before that they'd like to do a match, in a fatal fourway. After watching even the more seasoned wrestlers bump dangerously and do pretty much everything sloppy, I was a bit nervous of what these two could accidentally do to me.

The music guy got my entrance theme mixed up with Tricky's. Lame. Tricky wrestled with the smaller juggalo while I took the guy who was probably more than half a foot taller than me. The guy kept rushing me so hard, it was ridiculous. He kept shooting at my legs in really awkward ways that I had no idea how to respond to, and usually he just wound up on his stomach. At one point he shot at me but ended up with his back to my side, so I lifted him into an Argentine Clutch, which he spun out of in some really awkward way, landing in a weird armbar I was amazed he didn't break my arm doing.

Meanwhile, Tricky made his guy tap to a Muta Lock (it was an elimination match), so we decided to gang up on my opponent. Tricky hit a REALLY stiff Poetry in Motion against a shed, which made the guy just say he gave up to the ref. The fans (friends and neighbors of WWJ -- it was actually a pretty good turn out) popped hard for my running spinal kick and Eternal Snare. We ended the match with that submission and went back into the house.

Immediately, I chugged the rest of my soda and filled the bottle with water, drank half of that, when Tricky came in and said they were going to have us wrestle again right away against each other. Shit.

We went out, this time to our own entrances, and got the match started. We had some good opening chaining (funny note: I got dizzy from circling, possibly from the heat, too) and I was doing a good job of working over Tricky, but soon the heat, working a second match so soon after doing a really intense one, and all the liquids I drank made me feel extremely sick to my stomach. After a Judgmenet Slam lift backbreaker, I told Tricky we had to cut the match short because of how bad I felt and that I couldn't take the Swnanton from a ladder for the finish, otherwise I would have puked all over myself.

Instead, he won it with a Muta Lock and after selling a leg injury, I hobbled off to the back, thank the WWJ guys who were complimenting us, and instantly started drinking water again. Even if they wanted me to work another match, I wouldn't have. I felt sick, exhausted, and hot and I only worked for probably fifteen minutes. I've done thirty-minute Ironman matches, gauntlets, and singles matches that just went really long and didn't feel a fourth that tired.

I went to the basement, took off my pads, went to the bathroom and saw my face was beet fucking red. I've heard people use that line before, but never have I honestly been able to say it about myself. That's how fucking grueling those matches were. Despite wanting to let myself cool down more gradually, I had to sit down after a few minutes of pacing and basically I just sat there while the WWJ guys got their third match underway.

After I felt better, I got more to drink, grabbed a burger, and joined Tricky in watching the next match. Hardcore garbage, of course, but they were having fun at least. After the match officially ended they were brawling, so Tricky went out there to try to slap the Muta Lock on someone, saying his submission is better than the Sharpshooter the straightedge kid used for the finish.

Instead, he ended up getting in a weapon fight, which ended for him when he took a hard hit from a broom to his arm. It still hurts now, though he doesn't think it's broken or anything that serious.

It was probably going to take us two hours or so to get back to Colorado Springs, so we had to get going. Nightmare took us as far as Canon City, spending another ten dollars on gas, where he left us for Tricky's dad to pick us up and take us the rest of the way home.

We waited for about a half hour, eating hamburgers at a Sonic and talking about the attractive female workers there. Tricky's dad finally came, we got to Tricky's apartment, I left for home in my car, stopped at my girlfriend's house to visit her, got home, showered, and went to bed.

Overall, my Saturday was pretty hectic. I definitely didn't like hanging around them while they got drunk and high for hours and it sucked that the show took so long to get going. Would I go again? Since they might be using a ring next time, probably. But next time I rather take my own car so then we won't be there too long before the show.

Most of the kids there seemed pretty cool. Nightmare was awesome for paying so much for us to come up there and he was fun to hang out with at his apartment. He seems to have a taste for technical wrestling based on his DVD collection, but it definitely doesn't show in his style. Maybe he just sticks to hardcore stuff specifically because it's what his fed wants.

It actually made me want to host my own supershow someday soon, but I'm not sure when we'd start seriously talking about that. For now, it's just a nice thought.

If you read this far, thanks
Back to top Go down
Absolution
Woah!!! You're half way there!!!
Absolution

Federations : Absolute Championship Wrestling

PostSubject: Re: My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday   My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:02 am

I bet a lot of those dudes are 90's era wrestlers or were trained (if you can say that) by them, because a lot of them were into heavy drugs and hardcore matches. When I wrestled in the 90's it was almost always a hardcore match and sometimes against a guy with a pot smoked shirt. I remember once after a match I came home and my mom could smell the pot and she got worried that I was smoking or something lol. It seems like you got blown out from the match with the rookies. I know with rookies it is often a war where it is like power lifting just to get the simplest move done. Good thing you stiffed him and he gave up lol. That is cool the guy paid you money to go there. Maybe when they get a ring you could request who to wrestle with, did anyone there seem like they got the idea of technical wrestling than the rest?

On a side note. I am heading to Michigan to go to Josh McMullin's wedding in July. And I can set a layover in Denver for 6 hours (early afternoon) on tuesday July 20th, which would give me time to do a couple matches then head back to the airport. And possibly on my way back, tuesday July 27th (but I dont see anything yet). I can be slightly flexible on the days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutewrestling.net
Innit
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
Innit

Federations : KWE

PostSubject: Re: My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday   My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:27 am

Honestly, this didnt sound fun, especially with the show being delayed and stuff. Funny story though, and yeah, imo you should hold a supershow. You shouldnt have it on a trampoline though... Did anyone tape these matches?
Back to top Go down
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

PostSubject: Re: My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday   My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:42 pm

Quote :
On a side note. I am heading to Michigan to go to Josh McMullin's wedding in July. And I can set a layover in Denver for 6 hours (early afternoon) on tuesday July 20th, which would give me time to do a couple matches then head back to the airport. And possibly on my way back, tuesday July 27th (but I dont see anything yet). I can be slightly flexible on the days.

I'm not sure about that. We live in Colorado Springs, not Denver, so we don't actually have anywhere up there to wrestle. I could ask WWJ, I guess, but they're not planning on doing another show until August. We could take you back to the Springs to wrestle at one of our locations, but the drive is about an hour-and-a-half each way, so we'd lose half the time on travel alone. I suppose we could just roam around Denver until we find a park to wrestle at, but I'm not sure how the police would respond to that. Manitou Springs cops and residents are cool about it. We recorded The Ascent at a park while they were doing a "travelling play" thing. Basically, they did a play while moving to different parts of the park.

Quote :
Honestly, this didnt sound fun, especially with the show being delayed and stuff. Funny story though, and yeah, imo you should hold a supershow. You shouldnt have it on a trampoline though... Did anyone tape these matches?

Tricky and I talked about trying to have a supershow with a rented ring at a campground, like CCW did. We definitely won't get the ring from Highspots, though. The base price for one of their rentals is $500, but it's $1500 for us because of how far away Colorado is for them. We'd probably either build a base or ask local indie feds.

Maybe we'll try for one next summer after going to a couple of supershows, so then more people will know us and would come to our supershow. Right now we probably wouldn't get a good turnout.

Yeah, Nightmare taped the show. Nothing is up yet, though.
Back to top Go down
Absolution
Absolution

PostSubject: Re: My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday   My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Ya I dont think the hour and a half drive could be put in my schedule. The best bet would be setting up something with WWJ. What do they wrestle on? Ground?
Back to top Go down
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

PostSubject: Re: My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday   My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:50 am

Ground and mattress, but like I wrote, they might have a ring for their next show.
Back to top Go down
Absolution
Absolution

PostSubject: Re: My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday   My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:30 am

Adrian Blaqueheart wrote:
Ground and mattress, but like I wrote, they might have a ring for their next show.

Maybe we can set up a non-hardcore match at WWJ on July 20th? My myspace is http://www.myspace.com/absolutewrestling if the guy from WWJ wants to chat with me.
Back to top Go down
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

PostSubject: Re: My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday   My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:37 am

Yeah, they'll let us do non-hardcore, that's what Tricky and I did at their show. I'll talk to Nightmare about it.
Back to top Go down
Absolution
Absolution

PostSubject: Re: My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday   My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:43 am

Yeah, they'll let us do non-hardcore, that's what Tricky and I did at their show. I'll talk to Nightmare about it.

Get back to me soon, because I want to buy the tickets before they go up in price, still planning on July 20th.
Back to top Go down
Absolution
Absolution

PostSubject: Re: My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday   My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 12:57 pm

I will be ordering my tickets in the next few days, so let me know if I should book a long layover!
Back to top Go down
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

PostSubject: Re: My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday   My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:59 am

If you haven't bought the tickets, go ahead and get them without the layover in Denver. Sorry man.
Back to top Go down
Absolution
Absolution

PostSubject: Re: My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday   My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:05 pm

If you haven't bought the tickets, go ahead and get them without the layover in Denver. Sorry man.

Oh ok! Ill do that today. Maybe one day we can set something up!
Back to top Go down
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

PostSubject: Re: My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday   My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:09 pm

Yeah, sorry, he just didn't really seem up for it.
Back to top Go down
Absolution
Absolution

PostSubject: Re: My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday   My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:18 pm

Yeah, sorry, he just didn't really seem up for it.

Ya not much you can do about that! Thanks for trying though! Oh and go on the spring challenge voting, since you won! And the prize is we would like to promote a video of yours via our channels (like a mass message thing to our subscribers), so we can either attach your winning video, or we can do a video of your choice.
Back to top Go down
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

PostSubject: Re: My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday   My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Ski Mask Man
Cooler than John Cena
Cooler than John Cena
Ski Mask Man

Federations : SIW, AWE

PostSubject: Re: My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday   My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:25 am

Cool story brodrian
I need a nap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday   My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My First (Sort Of) Supershow: My Crazy Ass Saturday
Page 1 of 1