Backyard Wrestling Rulz Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to BYW

HomeBackyard Wrestling In 2011? - Page 2 EmptyLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Backyard Wrestling In 2011?

Go down 
+9
The real Kris Blaze
Rad Hazard
Shawn Jovi
TinyTim
Skull Jr.
Innit
Liam 'The llama' Doran
Absolution
Carl Robbin
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

Federations : ABW (defunct), MXW

Backyard Wrestling In 2011? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backyard Wrestling In 2011?   Backyard Wrestling In 2011? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Robb Haize wrote:
Oh, and the West shall rise.

I wouldn't count on it. The big thing that keeps the West down is that we're the largest region with the most space between cities. It makes travelling too difficult, whereas in the Northeast you can go down the street and find another promotion. Hell, I've even heard stories from guys in New York who discovered another dozen yarders just roaming around their neighborhood.

However, development is non-stop in the West. My dad constantly remarks on how such and such area used to be covered in nothing but fields, while now there's a popular business or a new neighborhood. Maybe in a few decades, the population will be higher and so we'd better rival the Northeast.
Back to top Go down
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

Federations : ABW (defunct), MXW

PostSubject: Re: Backyard Wrestling In 2011?   Backyard Wrestling In 2011? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 7:29 pm

In 2011, I will wrestle. Same old, same old.
Back to top Go down
RexRansome
Active enough to be called a member
Active enough to be called a member

Federations : CWO, UWE, BCW, UWA,

PostSubject: Future of BYW   Backyard Wrestling In 2011? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 3:19 am

Hello BYWRULZ,

My name is Rex Ransome; I reside in Hamilton, OH. I started backyarding in 1998, ran to federations the Chaos Wrestling Organization and the Universal Wrestling Empire. I helped about four other federations too. With over 500 hours of BYW footage me and a few friends have sat back and reflect on the good ole’ times. Perhaps, we still have what it takes?

I came across this website to my surprise it was active and there appeared to be BYW going on. I thought BYW was dead and forgotten about. I am glad to see BYW is still around; but I am worried that a lot of federations don’t want to follow traditional values by keeping it fun, safe, and out of the Medias hands. You see, BYW during my time was about camaraderie and fun. But by 2000; federations became dictators and started to incorporate “mark smack” into BYW. I will say though, that I have seen many cases where Professional Wrestlers joined BYW just to get some ring time, which helped BYW to advance.

My point is I have read a couple posts that reminded me of what killed BYW as we once knew it, and faming/mark-tactics don’t help. We need to unite and prove that BYW can have a great reputation.
In 2008, I became a Professional Wrestling Promoter with Pro-Wrestling Training. I was trained by Ken Kross; which was trained by Larry Hamilton of the Crockett Days. For the past two years I have noticed there are only a few differences to what you and I have done. Firstly, Ring Psychology to be able to tell a believable story (ever read David vs. Goliath?) and Selling. Secondly, How to build your match (Intro, Chain, Shinning, Cut off, Heat, Hope Spot, Double Down, Finish.) Last but least, License, Permits, Venue, Promoting, and Dealing with workers who cry and not show up.

Okay, after reading that it’s not that much different? Perhaps the whole license thingy, but honestly I have wittiness a lot of professional wrestlers act no different and even admitted to they either still do or once did backyard wrestling remember they are taught to NOT condone nor admit it, and what about that Training School talk? Let’s be honest here, as a promoter I can tell you right from the start it’s a scam, you are paying for some trainer’s pizza and apartment rent money.

Unless; the school which you apply for has WWE/TNA Talent or have a developmental deal. You can actually order that Ultimate Pro Wrestling Training 4-Video DVD; it contains the same Training that is provided in 90% of the schools out there. Once you are trained you get a handshake, no accreditation no certificate. A lot of times I have seen other schools milk students to pay more when their training should have been over.
I get a lot of questions about the backstage and booking, so I will answer in case anyone was interested. Basically, backstage are the same you are respectful to the veteran even though 99.9% are assholes. You have to know the secret handshake to identify that you are a trained professional. And you go over the card. They structure the cards the same as we did, underlining the winners and adding side notes as to how you’re winning using a dry-ease board.

My point is not to be alarmed and often I told Students the truth that the chance of being a WWE Superstar is like winning a million dollars. It’s better to enjoy the hobby-like sport we do than get caught up into a business that at its core is a scam.

I am returning and uniting with my fellow backyarders in 2011. We have a pro wrestling ring and anyone live near or in Ohio let me know, I welcome all walks of life. – Rex

PS does anyone remember that quote: “BYW Is my Anti-Drug?” Hey, if not, I still own a pair of Air-Walks.
Back to top Go down
The Rizz
Cooler than John Cena
Cooler than John Cena
The Rizz

Federations : LWF

PostSubject: Re: Backyard Wrestling In 2011?   Backyard Wrestling In 2011? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:14 pm

Hearing this makes me want to go to Ohio.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backyard Wrestling In 2011?   Backyard Wrestling In 2011? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Backyard Wrestling In 2011?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2