Backyard Wrestling Rulz Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to BYW

HomeWest Fest? EmptyLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

West Fest?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

Federations : ABW (defunct), MXW

West Fest? Empty
PostSubject: West Fest?   West Fest? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 5:24 pm

This isn't supposed to replace the Western Wrasslemania or anything. I feel like we should do another big, West region supershow either in the meantime or after Wrasslemania. The thing is, if we're doing our Wrasslemania supershow and posting the videos around the same time as the other regions, we're going to be largely overshadowed, because face it, the other regions are better than us.

Plus, there's no reason not to do more than one big supershow for our region in a year. The other regions have big supershows featuring the best in their areas dozens of times throughout the year. I know, a big difference is that the Northeast is tiny as fuck, making travel easier, while the West is the nation's biggest region. However, I think we need more big supershows together to help each other improve and to help get the West more active. Right now, we're the least active, least populated, least respected region.

I'm not proposing specific details right now, I just want your input. For the location, I'd say somewhere sort of in the center of the West, kind of like Utah or Arizona. I could probably acquire a ring here in Colorado, but we're one of the furthermost Eastern states, so here wouldn't be a good choice.

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
TinyTim
Wrestling... YAY!
Wrestling... YAY!
TinyTim

Federations : PWB

West Fest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: West Fest?   West Fest? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 5:54 pm

The closest thing to a "west fest" will be wrestlerama VI next may, wich will have all the current western feds and most western wrestlers involved.
Back to top Go down
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

Federations : ABW (defunct), MXW

West Fest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: West Fest?   West Fest? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:35 pm

Where's that?

Nevermind, looked at it.

But it's still in California, which I maintain is a crappy location. Plus, it's in May. Tons of yarders are in school, what's the logic of booking it for May?

I know about half-a-dozen kids in a state close to here (I forget which one) who wouldn't be able to go all the way to California, and Colorado has a dozen counting those juggalos in Denver who would be in the same boat. Wrestlerama would probably me mostly a West Coast show, not a Western one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

West Fest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: West Fest?   West Fest? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

West Fest?
Page 1 of 1