Backyard Wrestling Rulz Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to BYW

HomeMy First Experience Going Out-Of-State To Wrestle EmptyLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My First Experience Going Out-Of-State To Wrestle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Skull Jr.
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Skull Jr.

Federations : Total Hardcore Wrestling

My First Experience Going Out-Of-State To Wrestle Empty
PostSubject: My First Experience Going Out-Of-State To Wrestle   My First Experience Going Out-Of-State To Wrestle I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 7:16 pm

I loved Adrian's thread so much I decided to write one for my experience yesterday.

So, yeah, technically I have been in supershows before, but never outside of Michigan.

There's been discussion about RPK and I going to Ohio to wrestle with Higher Passion Wrestling. Nice bunch of people, but I'll get to that later. Sean Steel (the runner of everything pretty much) and I started doing an inter-promotional storyline in May to get things rolling, and we were eventually confirmed for the show on August 14. We did this storyline where the he claimed the NBYWA World Title and making his own community and shit. Was really fun. So we went out there in the incredible heat at a high of 97 (seriously, I've been through days where it was 110 degrees in MI and it didn't feel as hot as it was down there). We went to the guy's (Steel's) house and it was only like three hours till everything started so Lance and I just stayed up, our friend though (Clause Suburbanite) went to bed in his room for about an hour. Showered up, geared up, got ready to go.

We stopped at his brother's house and got everyone else and traveled about 30 minutes from Belpre to Hockingport. And MAN, where we went to, it was like Hillbilly Redneckville, right from the movies. We got the base (soft cardboard and a tarp) set up and had the meeting before to get everything situated. Had a match with RPK so I could lose the THW World Title to him. Did the opening promo and filmed all of the card up until the main event because my battery died. I was so exhausted by the heat we had to make the match (which was a triple threat) so that I got injured early on, took a rest inside, and came back out a couple minutes later. That's exactly what we did. I came back out and brawled for a bit, took a frogsplash from really high up on a ladder, and was pinned. Lost the NBYWA World to Steel.

So after the match I got beat by most of the guys and was "saved" by another one of the main-eventers, who won the HPW World Title shortly afterward. We hung out a bit after the match was over and headed back home.

We went from the southeast, near West Virginia, to metro Cleveland in about two hours. It was incredible how much ground we made up. It went much slower after that but it was still pretty cool. Clause and I sang "It Wasn't Me" by Shaggy (the most awesome duet I've ever been a part of imo) and then later the three of us sang "All Star" by Smashmouth, both when they were played on the radio. Pretty awesome stuff. Between Columbus and Cleveland we were driving through the shittiest thunderstorm possible. Really. Rain was pouring like a waterfall and we were driving incredibly close to where lightning was striking but we made it back to Michigan safely.

Now I hadn't eaten a meal since before I left on Friday, and it was early Sunday morning as we came back. I noticed it was after 5 AM and I got a sudden craving for McDonald's breakfast. So we took to ramp to my place but turned left to go there. They were saying I needed a lot of food after starving myself for the show, so I got a lot of fucking food. I had $50 left anyway so I was good. I got myself 2 sausage + egg McMuffins and 2 hashbrowns. I also got a large Dr. Pepper, too. Got home, put all my things away (four title belts, a pair of shoes, and the bag of stuff I brought over for the trip), ate, gave my belts a nice cleaning, and went to sleep for like ten hours.

I've never been welcomed by people I haven't met so much ever in my life. Everybody was really nice and pretty funny. Had a lot of fun there and am looking forward to next month's show for the rematch.

Last edited by Skull Jr. on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://nbywa.forumotion.com
Zaq Cass
Wrestling... YAY!
Wrestling... YAY!
Zaq Cass

Federations : Collision Championship Wrestling, Superspag, New Total Destruction Wrestling

PostSubject: Re: My First Experience Going Out-Of-State To Wrestle   My First Experience Going Out-Of-State To Wrestle I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 11:21 pm

How do you live in Michigan and not come to MWA shows?
Back to top Go down
http://hasio.deviantart.com
Skull Jr.
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Skull Jr.

PostSubject: Re: My First Experience Going Out-Of-State To Wrestle   My First Experience Going Out-Of-State To Wrestle I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:28 am

Zaq Cass wrote:
How do you live in Michigan and not come to MWA shows?

It's a money thing, tbh.
Back to top Go down
Zaq Cass
Wrestling... YAY!
Wrestling... YAY!
Zaq Cass

Federations : Collision Championship Wrestling, Superspag, New Total Destruction Wrestling

PostSubject: Re: My First Experience Going Out-Of-State To Wrestle   My First Experience Going Out-Of-State To Wrestle I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:28 pm

Get money and come sometime. I'll work you. At least find me or selby on fb and have us add you to the group
Back to top Go down
http://hasio.deviantart.com
Skull Jr.
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Skull Jr.

PostSubject: Re: My First Experience Going Out-Of-State To Wrestle   My First Experience Going Out-Of-State To Wrestle I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:27 am

Zaq Cass wrote:
Get money and come sometime. I'll work you. At least find me or selby on fb and have us add you to the group

It's definitely possible sometime down the line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First Experience Going Out-Of-State To Wrestle   My First Experience Going Out-Of-State To Wrestle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My First Experience Going Out-Of-State To Wrestle
Page 1 of 1