Backyard Wrestling Rulz Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to BYW

HomeThinking about starting a fed EmptyLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thinking about starting a fed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn Mastodon
Active enough to be called a member

Federations : Destruction Wrestling Ontario (DWO)

Thinking about starting a fed Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about starting a fed   Thinking about starting a fed I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:03 am

Hey guys

My ring name is Shawn Mastodon and I'm looking to get into backyarding. I've been a wrestling fan for as long as I can remember, especially during the Attitude Era. The backyarding idea came because I am looking for a good way to motivate myself to get healthier, lose weight and put on muscle. What better way than doing backyarding? I pitched the idea of making a fed to my friends, who loved it, so we're going to look into building some sort of ring soon. I'm not currently looking to get into pro wrestling, but if we find backyarding enjoyable (and safe!) we're going to make a Youtube channel and see what happens. We don't have a name for our fed yet. We are based in Ontario, Canada.

I have basically no in-ring experience, so we'll be going through the basics of bumps, sells, holds etc. in the next few days.

Tips and advice is much appreciated!!!
Back to top Go down
Skull Jr.
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Skull Jr.

Federations : Total Hardcore Wrestling

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a fed   Thinking about starting a fed I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:43 am

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Keep it safe, have something good to wrestle on, and pretty much just know what you're doing.

There's not much else to starting a fed up besides asking people to be in it, and as you said you've got that covered too.

What part of Ontario are you based in? I'm in southeast Michigan.
Back to top Go down
http://nbywa.forumotion.com
Shawn Mastodon

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a fed   Thinking about starting a fed I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 12:05 pm

We're wrestling out of the Greater Toronto area. It's about a 30/45 minute drive from my town into Toronto.

I've found that finding people who want to be in the fed is challenging. My town is pretty small, and the demographics are mostly old folks and young families.
Back to top Go down
Skull Jr.
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Skull Jr.

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a fed   Thinking about starting a fed I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Yeah that's pretty tough. I know that if I hadn't met two of my friends back in December who run their own fed I'd only have a roster of like four guys.

Another thing you guys could try when you get going is to find the money and time to maybe go to supershows, where people from many feds gather together and have matches with one another.

Most are in the United States so it would have to require a passport for you guys but every once in a great while something in Canada pops up too so if you're not too sure about the passports there's always that.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Mastodon

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a fed   Thinking about starting a fed I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 12:27 pm

Yeeeeeah! I've been looking at the supershows. Any video links to stuff like that?

Believe it or not, it's a lot easier to get a passport in Canada than it is to get one in the states. VIA Rail goes pretty much everywhere, so it's not entirely impossible for me or my fellow "Unnamed Fed" wrestlers to attend a supershow once we get over the learning curve...and get some cash together Cool

I guess a Kijijii ad is in order, hehe

Back to top Go down
Skull Jr.
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Skull Jr.

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a fed   Thinking about starting a fed I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 12:41 pm

Shawn Mastodon wrote:
Yeeeeeah! I've been looking at the supershows. Any video links to stuff like that?

Believe it or not, it's a lot easier to get a passport in Canada than it is to get one in the states. VIA Rail goes pretty much everywhere, so it's not entirely impossible for me or my fellow "Unnamed Fed" wrestlers to attend a supershow once we get over the learning curve...and get some cash together Cool

I guess a Kijijii ad is in order, hehe

Yeah, here's a music video of a supershow that happened a couple months ago.

I didn't attend it but I talk with a couple of the guys who work with this super federation sometimes. That's how I knew the video was there.

Message me more on YouTube, my channel is nbywa1. I'll try my best to help you out more with advice and other things.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Mastodon

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a fed   Thinking about starting a fed I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:06 pm

HOLY SHIT! Was that a Canadian Destroyer at 3:08 in the video?! That was really impressive...the whole video was! I can only hope to achieve that kind of stuff.

I'll definitely take you on that offer of advice, haha

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a fed   Thinking about starting a fed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking about starting a fed
Page 1 of 1