Backyard Wrestling Rulz Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to BYW

HomeHCW Snow Storm 2011 EmptyLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HCW Snow Storm 2011

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Skull Jr.
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Skull Jr.

Federations : Total Hardcore Wrestling

HCW Snow Storm 2011 Empty
PostSubject: HCW Snow Storm 2011   HCW Snow Storm 2011 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:29 am

On December 18, 2011, Hybrid Championship Wrestling hosted their return event, the fourth edition of the Michigan-based "Snow Storm" supercard.

"WILD MAN" DAN VS JEFF GATES:

THE WRANGLER VS RICK THE DICK:

HUNG SOLO VS KARNAGE VS RPK:

SKULL JR. DECIDES THE FATE OF THE TPBYWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:

My analysis: Coming eventually.

All constructive criticism is welcome.
Back to top Go down
http://nbywa.forumotion.com
Shawn Mastodon
Active enough to be called a member

Federations : Destruction Wrestling Ontario (DWO)

PostSubject: Re: HCW Snow Storm 2011   HCW Snow Storm 2011 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:54 pm

Good stuff! I'll give a bit of an analysis of the good and bad

THE GOOD
-The selling was really good on the part of all of the wrestlers. Some of them had to warm up a bit at the start of the match, but that's to be expected.

-That piledriver in the Wild Man Dan VS Jeffery Gates match was simply glorious! Loved it!

-The Wrangler's finisher looked pretty awesome. It was like a diving cutter mixed with a stunner, and I really liked it.

-The ring and just the atmosphere in general have a very distinct feel to it. I like it a lot.

-I liked the brawling in the ring: the strikes and kicks look pretty realistic. I actually thought one of the kicks connected during the match between Rick the Dick and Wrangler. Good job on that count.

-Jeff's high-flying was wicked awesome. Impressive stuff there, done very well. Should definitely go for more of that.

-LOVING the gimmicks and the costumes.

-I could say a great deal about that three way match. All I'm going to say is that if you want to send out a promo tape to potential sponsors and allies, THIS is the tape to send! Among the good stuff I saw--AWESOME clothesline on Karnage in the 3-way match: literally a perfect bump there. That RKO was flawless. The dive to the outside ropes looked wicked awesome. Another thing I really liked was the humour! Karnage hitting RBK (?) with the stick and Hung Solo firing a bow and arrow was hilariously epic.

SUGGESTIONS

(Before I mention the things to work on, I'll start it with the premise that I'm talking about the match as it was at the time. Things have probably marginally improved already, since it's been like...what, 9 months since that match?)

-Production value, specifically the camera work. You really, really need a tripod, my friend. Some people can hold the camera straight without jerking it, but with all due respect, you are not one of them, especially when you consider that you're holding the camera for between 9 minutes and 20 minutes straight. I've found some really cheap tripods on Ebay before for 40$. It's a really good investment, believe me!

-The bumps need to be practiced more with the younger wrestlers. I know, sometimes moves are unplanned, but if you don't land flat on your back, it creates problems.

-Rick the Dick was working far too stiff. He's a big guy, and if he's being too rough, he could hurt someone.

-Try to stay closer to the center of the ring during big spots. I noticed a lot of moves happened off-center in the first two matches, which makes it harder to take a proper bump.

-The wrestlers HAVE to know what their cue is to come out. I can't stress how important this is. I used to do dramatic arts/theatre for many years, and knowing your cue to enter was THE most important thing you had to know. If you don't enter at the right time, it absolutely kills the pace of the performance. And, seeing as how entrances almost always start at the start of a match, the entrance sets the mood for the entire fight.
------------------------------------

I know I don't really have a place to give this advice (seeing as how I haven't really put on a show yet). Overall, I found the matches to be very entertaining. I'll definitely be following HBYWA and HWC Smile
Back to top Go down
Skull Jr.
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Skull Jr.

PostSubject: Re: HCW Snow Storm 2011   HCW Snow Storm 2011 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:23 am

I'm surprised you didn't mention Johnny McCommentate getting everyone's names wrong. But I suppose it's okay, you messed up a little too. RPK, NBYWA, and HCW actually.

I won't really respond to most of the comments, I'd say it's all really nice analysis. But I do want to respond specifically to the tripod thing. I do have one, I got it almost two months before the show even, but I don't use it for backyard shows. Reason is because if you have a free-roaming camera, you can get nicely close to action and have an infinite amount of angles almost. Now I know that wasn't exposed as much during the first two matches but I believe in the third you can see what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Mastodon

Federations : Destruction Wrestling Ontario (DWO)

PostSubject: Re: HCW Snow Storm 2011   HCW Snow Storm 2011 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:20 pm

I thought it was funny that Johnny McCommentate was getting the names wrong. I assumed that was part of his character, actually Smile And yeah, I realized just before I read your post that I had the fed names wrong. Whoops!

In regards to the tripod issue, I understand where you're getting at. It's hard to find one specific angle to set up the camera in order to catch all of the action going on, and that's something I totally understand. One thing I would recommend apart from that is to just move back as much as you can to keep everything in frame. I know that its hard to get room in a space like that, but the more you can fit in frame, the less you have to move around, and therefore you'll be a little less exposed.
Back to top Go down
Skull Jr.
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Skull Jr.

PostSubject: Re: HCW Snow Storm 2011   HCW Snow Storm 2011 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 4:33 pm

I could make that a part of his character...I'd have to think about it.

Yeah, that was one thing everyone told me after seeing the videos on RPK/HCW's channel. So whenever I'm doing camera I'll go ahead and get a nice distance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HCW Snow Storm 2011   HCW Snow Storm 2011 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HCW Snow Storm 2011
Page 1 of 1