Backyard Wrestling Rulz Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to BYW

HomeA Message for BYW Rookies Everywhere EmptyLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Message for BYW Rookies Everywhere

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn Jovi
Boss at being awesome
Shawn Jovi

Federations : RCW, ICW, ABW

A Message for BYW Rookies Everywhere Empty
PostSubject: A Message for BYW Rookies Everywhere   A Message for BYW Rookies Everywhere I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:43 am

This thread is for those wrestlers who are considered the young lions and noobies of backyard wrestling.

In 2009 I was a major contributor (and maybe to some a spam poster) on the original GBYWN forums. Although, I was wrestling for almost 3 years around that time I pretty much was still considered a noob in their eyes. Mostly because I didn't know much and I was a trampoline wrestler at the time.

One of my major downfalls of being on the old forums was the fact I that I was in way over my head. Although I was a nice guy I had my moments where I was a considered a little emo bitch on the forums because a got a lot of heat from others (mostly Sic Ric).

Since I stopped yarding full time in 2010 after I left the GBYWN forum and alliance on semi bad terms I had a lot of thinking time and now that the forums are sort of back I feel like I can make a fresh start again despite the fact I still suck for the most part

Here's some advice for newer wrestlers. If any BYW veterans would like to add to this feel free to:

1. Don't think you're a big shot: When I started I thought I was a big shot. Instead my peers shot me down more than anything. You don't want that.

2. Post your media and ask for advice: Make sure you post media and ask for some feedback whether its on here or on the facebook group. Take all criticisms, reflect on them and improve. Even if you get put down and get nothing helpful for feedback. Take it as a motivator to improve.

3. Take it like a man: If someone talks down on you whether they're trying to motivate you in some way or they're just bullying you around. Don't get super defensive and create a loop of drama. It's not a good thing to do. GBYWN has had enough drama in the past. Trust me.

4. Ask questions: If you're not sure on how to do things or you're at a supershow with questions or want some help training ask someone with experience. Most of the time they will help. It looks better if you ask for help rather than deny the fact you need it.

5. Thank others: If someone tries to help you or just gives you advice, thank them. Just don't suck up to them and be a mark about it.

Sorry that this is so long but I want to help others who are in the position as I was a few years back. Again, if anyone has something to add let me know. Thanks for reading.

-Shawn Jovi
Back to top Go down
https://bywrulz.forumotion.com
Innit
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
Innit

Federations : KWE

PostSubject: Re: A Message for BYW Rookies Everywhere   A Message for BYW Rookies Everywhere I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 2:18 pm

I'm European, I'll always be a bigshot
Back to top Go down
Shawn Jovi
Boss at being awesome
Shawn Jovi

Federations : RCW, ICW, ABW

PostSubject: Re: A Message for BYW Rookies Everywhere   A Message for BYW Rookies Everywhere I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 9:07 am

*Thumbs up*
Back to top Go down
https://bywrulz.forumotion.com
Skull Jr.
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Skull Jr.

Federations : Total Hardcore Wrestling

PostSubject: Re: A Message for BYW Rookies Everywhere   A Message for BYW Rookies Everywhere I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 6:30 pm

I'm Skull Jr., that means that being in any fed will make it significantly slow down the progression of events.

But for real though, I was kinda that guy back on GBYWN in 2008. Though I think there was a degree of bullying going on, I was being super defensive about shit and didn't really start taking people's advice (with the exception of Jake Xinn, I went to him for advice back in the day because he was always nice to me) until after the NBYWA was founded.
Back to top Go down
http://nbywa.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Message for BYW Rookies Everywhere   A Message for BYW Rookies Everywhere I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Message for BYW Rookies Everywhere
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Backyard Wrestling Rulz Forums :: Backyard Wrestling-
Jump to: