Backyard Wrestling Rulz Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to BYW

HomeBYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions EmptyLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Absolution
Woah!!! You're half way there!!!
Absolution

Federations : Absolute Championship Wrestling

BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions   BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:02 pm

BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions PromoChamp

So Liam made the official announcement that the winner of the Kayfabe Challenge will become the first ever promo champion. So post your suggestions here.

My suggestions are:

-The #1 contender has 1 week to post a promo video against the champion. The champion has 2 weeks to respond, the champ should get a bit longer also we don't want the title to be forfeited often because of time constraints. If we assume that it takes a week to determine who won and who is the next #1 contender then this gives a total of 4 weeks turnaround. So this would put championship defenses of once a month, which should give the champion enough time and enough title defenses a year.

-The winner of the championship bouts could be determined by the public in the fashion Liam is doing with the Kayfabe Challenge, where people post publicly who they voted for. I don't think anonymous voting would work here because those can be rigged if someone decides to make multiple accounts. With that said those who vote should have some sort of name associated with their account on BYW Rulz where we can know who they are.

-Also I think the champion can be referred to as the promo champ, as each word has the same length and makes it fit well for graphical designing Smile. I think promo is a good wrestling industry term for this championship.

-I don't think there should be many rules on the promo types or length, as the public can determine if the promo was too short or not good for themselves when voting. Maybe the only rule is to keep it kayfabe (and non-kayfabe contests would be no holds barred). Although we can possibly have specialty promo matches in the future with special rules if needed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutewrestling.net
Shawn Jovi
Boss at being awesome
Shawn Jovi

Federations : RCW, ICW, ABW

PostSubject: Re: BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions   BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:40 pm

I like it and this will be fun indeed. Also, I'm sorry everyone for not maintaining the site during the challenges. I'm gonna try and get back on here more often Smile
Back to top Go down
https://bywrulz.forumotion.com
Innit
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
Innit

Federations : KWE

PostSubject: Re: BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions   BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:03 pm

This sounds great! An amazing idea, but how could we decide who that can challenge the champion? We would need some sort of no. 1 contender system or evryone could just put in random promos...?
Back to top Go down
Liam 'The llama' Doran
Liam 'The llama' Doran

Federations : ABWA

PostSubject: Re: BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions   BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:03 pm

Flame wrote:
This sounds great! An amazing idea, but how could we decide who that can challenge the champion? We would need some sort of no. 1 contender system or evryone could just put in random promos...?

yea we was talking bout that n it would be the people who wanted to challenge would post a promo on 1 of the other people who have said they wanna be a number 1 con n the champ + people who aint filmed will vote who will be number 1 contender with the champs vote counting 4 2 votes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/llamalord333
Absolution
Absolution

PostSubject: Re: BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions   BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:54 pm

Liam 'The llama' Doran wrote:
Flame wrote:

yea we was talking bout that n it would be the people who wanted to challenge would post a promo on 1 of the other people who have said they wanna be a number 1 con n the champ + people who aint filmed will vote who will be number 1 contender with the champs vote counting 4 2 votes

Ya I think there wont be a lot of people going for the championship yet, so Liams idea will work as we will only have a few #1 contenders initially and they can face off to go after the champ. But if we get a lot of people then we can do a ladder type system, where people are ranked and people can only challenge people above themselves to move up the ladder, but this will be probably somewhere down the line once more people come on board.
Back to top Go down
Liam 'The llama' Doran
Liam 'The llama' Doran

Federations : ABWA

PostSubject: Re: BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions   BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:17 am

Absolution wrote:
Liam 'The llama' Doran wrote:
Flame wrote:

Ya I think there wont be a lot of people going for the championship yet, so Liams idea will work as we will only have a few #1 contenders initially and they can face off to go after the champ. But if we get a lot of people then we can do a ladder type system, where people are ranked and people can only challenge people above themselves to move up the ladder, but this will be probably somewhere down the line once more people come on board.

that also works
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/llamalord333
Innit
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
Innit

PostSubject: Re: BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions   BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:46 pm

To be honest, I think Absolutions idea were the best one. A no. 1 contender ladder system would work, but i do agree with that we would need more people on the board before getting lots of challenges on here...
Back to top Go down
Absolution
Absolution

PostSubject: Re: BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions   BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:32 pm

I wonder if Selby is around to create a BYW Rulz Promo Champ section?
Back to top Go down
Innit
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
Innit

PostSubject: Re: BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions   BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 6:33 am

Facebook him
Back to top Go down
logan
Will Post for Stars
Will Post for Stars

Federations : ITW, NIGGA, JEW, X2X, DBYW, TWA

PostSubject: Re: BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions   BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 1:51 pm

how can i get into the promo division??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions   BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BYW Rulz Promo Championship Suggestions
Page 1 of 1