Backyard Wrestling Rulz Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to BYW

HomeThe real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. EmptyLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.

Go down 
+5
Skull Jr.
Absolution
Carl Robbin
Liam 'The llama' Doran
Innit
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Innit
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
Innit

Federations : KWE

The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. Empty
PostSubject: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 5:05 pm

Nobody posts anything exept media.
Back to top Go down
Liam 'The llama' Doran
Woah!!! You're half way there!!!
Liam 'The llama' Doran

Federations : ABWA

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 3:15 am

well wat u got in mind 4 differnt posts?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/llamalord333
Carl Robbin
Will Post for Stars
Will Post for Stars

Federations : Free Agent

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 5:23 am

And more people care about posting the they think the site is dead, when it isn't. Maybe if people looked up and started posting other things and thoughts
Back to top Go down
Absolution
Absolution

Federations : Absolute Championship Wrestling

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 10:05 am

Check out my thanksgiving message!
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutewrestling.net
Innit
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
Innit

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:14 am

How can we solve this problem? Posting random stuff which would make more people post more often on here...
Back to top Go down
Carl Robbin
Will Post for Stars
Will Post for Stars

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:19 am

Right you are saying that its down to people only posting media.

Ideas: backyard wrestling ideas, tips and tricks maybe to make shows look better

Help: yes feedback is great, any feedback is good feedback. Just not leaving messages such as, that was shit, or that was good because nothing can be the best, not even the WWE.

Media: Post different media all the time, don't just stick to matches. Have full shows, matches, promos, hype videos, funny videos, botches.

Anything section: Ask for help with life maybe, wish people a happy birthday, tell us its your birthday, show off some media that doesn't fall under the wrestling media, etc.

Ideas 2: Come up with ideas for the forum rather than saying this place is dead.

and finally, my final message about all of this is, its school time, people aren't going to be wrestling as much, its winter people don't normally wrestle in the snow unless they are really passionate. People like me are in their final year of 6th form before heading off to Uni, others are maybe at Uni or in their first years of high school. Just think for a second.

Thanks,
Karl
Back to top Go down
Innit
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
Innit

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:37 am

I agree to every statement above me...
Back to top Go down
Skull Jr.
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Skull Jr.

Federations : Total Hardcore Wrestling

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:56 pm

Agreed with Carl. It's winter, things are gonna be either stagnant or stopped completely.
Back to top Go down
http://nbywa.forumotion.com
Liam 'The llama' Doran
Liam 'The llama' Doran

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:48 pm

also agree... u will get the few nutters who will wrestle on the snow (like i did last year) but they will regret it Sad
Back to top Go down
Innit
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
Innit

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:14 am

But thats not an exuse for the forums going slow... Shouldnt it be more people on the forums in the winter, and less in the summer when people are busy Wrestling? x)
Back to top Go down
Liam 'The llama' Doran
Liam 'The llama' Doran

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:48 pm

Flame wrote:
But thats not an exuse for the forums going slow... Shouldnt it be more people on the forums in the winter, and less in the summer when people are busy Wrestling? x)

kk u make gd point.... kk i will talk more bout thing that are goin on.... eg abwa might be starting up again.... tomorrow >Smile
Back to top Go down
Carl Robbin
Will Post for Stars
Will Post for Stars

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:26 pm

But technically not, when there is snow surly people want to go out and play in the snow if they are young. People want to go christmas shopping, and just focus around christmas rather than wrestling
Back to top Go down
Shawn Jovi
Boss at being awesome
Shawn Jovi

Federations : RCW, ICW, ABW

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 6:44 am

I wanna wrestle... but I can't Sad

but seriously, yeah media posting is the only activity on here for the most part. If we had more feedback giving and more activity this place would work out better. BUT, look at the bright side. In late January we will be a year old. That's something to look forward to haha
Back to top Go down
https://bywrulz.forumotion.com
Liam 'The llama' Doran
Liam 'The llama' Doran

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Shawn Selby wrote:
BUT, look at the bright side. In late January we will be a year old. That's something to look forward to haha

LIKE Smile
Back to top Go down
Liam 'The llama' Doran
Liam 'The llama' Doran

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:11 am

just so people know.... we made it 2 150 people Smile
Back to top Go down
Innit
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
Innit

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:44 am

Yeah, and 50% is fake accounts Cool
Back to top Go down
Liam 'The llama' Doran
Liam 'The llama' Doran

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:20 pm

still... WE MADE IT!!!
Back to top Go down
RexRansome
Active enough to be called a member

Federations : CWO, UWE, BCW, UWA,

PostSubject: I must reply to this.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:39 am

I ask not to get flamed based on my opinion here.

Most of you know I have been writing stuff about BYW vs. Pro because of my experience with both. But now, we hit another subject I must reply to.

In the summer of 1998, I was taught the traditional values from my BYW mentor, Kaylpso. He explained that we must keep the foundation strong with respect and friendship, to recruit and motivate the next generation. Every year I notice we are losing a battle and I know that most of us have priorities; but that never stopped us from taking the time even with or without sleep to train some new kid or promote our work, organize upcoming events, safeguard our federation and people. That’s the problem I notice, people are using age and professional wrestler tactics to manipulate each other.

You said the word unless they are “passionate” to wrestle in unfavorable weather conditions; isn’t BYW for the passionate? Or did we drop that ball too? We are taught (most of you are new generations) to enact as the heart of BYW. As I write this BYW is in dire need of leaderships with stronger determination. This forum is only dead if you think that way; hell I told my people one time when we lost a place to wrestle we will have one by next month.

I spent hours, days, and weeks looking for a deal. I fund one by an agreement to do lawn care for the property owners. I was that passionate to find a place for my wrestlers to sacrifice my time privately to cut grass and weed eat (no pay) 4 times a month or more; which I had to pay for fuel and equipment costs, when I could have just said: “Well we’re dead for good.” I didn’t know if I was going to have a place but I stayed determined, why? I cared about my wrestlers and their dreams and they counted on me as their leader/owner whatever you use these days to get shows up and going again.

It kept teenagers off the streets from doing drugs and just having fun; that’s what BYW was about. What is hurting BYW besides what I just wrote is how Pro Wrestling inside information has turned backyarders into Smark-Dictators; wrestlers and leaders who get some inside knowledge and bash on other backyarders for their performances. I must stress this BYW was NEVER about that guys, we need to UNITE and WORK together. If not BYW is no different than Pro = Cut Throat, lack of friendships and respect. -Rex Ransome
Back to top Go down
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

Federations : ABW (defunct), MXW

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:43 pm

We have leadership. Backyard wrestling is very organized today and is increasingly active. This is just a forum they're talking about, not backyard wrestling as a whole. Maybe you don't realize this, but www.thegbywn.com is the primary hub of backyard wrestling these days. We started this site because the better wrestlers were meant to us noobs.
Back to top Go down
Carl Robbin
Will Post for Stars
Will Post for Stars

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Just going to touch on what that guy said, it is something i've said a lot to the guys on this forum, if it is dead it is because you see it as being dead, i've worked and worked to try and get this forum back up and running quite a few times.
Back to top Go down
RexRansome

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 2:37 am

Adrian Blaqueheart,

"Maybe you don't realize this, but www.thegbywn.com is the primary hub of backyard wrestling these days. We started this site because the better wrestlers were meant to us noobs."

It saddens me to hear that we live in a BYW World that if your performance is not up to the GBYWN standards you are not welcomed. What happened seriously to BYW these days? This HUB you mention appear to have dent the foundation of people in my time built. I know what these boards do, I remember the GEOLINKS that listed federations and often offer tips and videos, but even then it started to become like this GBYWN you speak of. You are the next generation; you are the only hope to keep this foundation strong.

Carl Robbin,

"I've worked and worked to try and get this forum back up and running quite a few times."

You can't go around telling people its dead. If you are working hard to keep it alive its not dead, its still active because you are the heart of this board and the strength to keep Backyarders motivated and encourage to learn the way it was meant to be. New and hungry people will come and see the work and efforts made to provide them with the tools for success and friendships to count on. Welcome all walks of life, never allow the multiple antics dent the foundation we must safeguard our dream. - Rex Ransome

Back to top Go down
Carl Robbin
Will Post for Stars
Will Post for Stars

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:15 am

I've never said the forum is dead, i've always said it is well and alive
Back to top Go down
RexRansome

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:36 am

Carl Robbin,

I was just reading what you replied: "Just going to touch on what that guy said, it is something i've said a lot to the guys on this forum, if it is dead it is because you see it as being dead, i've worked and worked to try and get this forum back up and running quite a few times."

I apologize if I misunderstood you.
Back to top Go down
Liam 'The llama' Doran
Liam 'The llama' Doran

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:57 pm

you know wat... all the time we argue bout the site being dead/dieing we are keeping it alive by doing that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carl Robbin
Will Post for Stars
Will Post for Stars

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:12 pm

^ Amen... can't leave it as that just yeah the site stays alive by asking if it is alive or dead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next