Backyard Wrestling Rulz Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to BYW

HomeThe real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. - Page 2 EmptyLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.

Go down 
+5
Skull Jr.
Absolution
Carl Robbin
Liam 'The llama' Doran
Innit
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RexRansome
Active enough to be called a member

Federations : CWO, UWE, BCW, UWA,

The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Idea in this Town Hall Meeting    The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:11 am

I think it would be great to have a page on this board to post every aspect needed to run a BYW federation. Even though there are a few out there; we would be different because we will cover important issues instead of how to flip off rooftops and less talk about the real information people need.

Example:

Develop a format, Federation Name, Ring Structure, Safety Awareness and Rules, Logo/Website Design, Recruit and Market, Training, State/Local Laws, Interpromotional Relationship, Safeguard Tips, and etc. Its a start, but I am sure some of you might come up with other categories. - Rex Ransome

Back to top Go down
Innit
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
Innit

Federations : KWE

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:30 am

Uhm.. I like people who flip of roofs cheers
Back to top Go down
Carl Robbin
Will Post for Stars
Will Post for Stars

Federations : Free Agent

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:45 pm

We are a great forum. Not here from the start but i'd say it has had ups and downs, just like everything else... it can't always be on the up even the WWE went on the Down and is getting back up imo.

Backyard Wrestling will be re-invigorated in 2011... watch this space.
Back to top Go down
RexRansome

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:22 am

I welcome anyone that would like to take part in our Online Radio Show, I will be hosting it. This is a new feature we are offering to get wrestlers and BYW to express their ideas and gain motivation. I would love to hear from you guys about what could help alter the state of BYW as a whole, share your experiences, bloopers/botches, and etc with us. IN wrestling I go by Rex Ransome, off camera and studio work I go by my real name. Here is our Radio Website and information:

Frank Hughes Show on Live Radio Wednesday Night at 6PM EST!!
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bcwohio
Call in number: 1 (760) 259-2704
Back to top Go down
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

Federations : ABW (defunct), MXW

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:36 pm

Rex, you're from Ohio. You and your associates didn't set any foundations for backyard wrestling. Even today's most renowned Ohio fed, CBYW, though very good, couldn't make such a claim. In America, the Northeast has been the biggest center for quality wrestling for decades and I'm sure there are many well organized promotions that predate yours. However, I do agree that it's a shame we have to endure being mistreated by the more talented wrestlers, but I don't think it will change much. Besides, it's more important to learn to just not give a shit and wrestle despite what they say.

All that you're preaching sounds like a bunch of useless optimism. Like trying to help a third world country attain the same sort of political stability in a first would country, it's exceedingly difficult without having the resources. If a fed is like mine and has a very limited number of wrestlers and space, the sort of organization you're talking about is unobtainable. In fact, that line of thought is probably less useful here than on GBYWN, since we're mostly feds in less developed areas, meaning that a lot of us have those resource obstacles.
Back to top Go down
RexRansome

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 7:08 pm

Adrainm

“The sort of organization you're talking about is unobtainable” With that kind of thought I wonder how determined you are in life?

“You and your associates didn't set any foundations for backyard wrestling” I just see myself on here talking, I am unaware of any associates. Foundation is just a term I coin to explain BYW in general.

“Besides, it's more important to learn to just not give a shit and wrestle despite what they say.”
Well, that would be your own decision and hopefully others don’t become like you.

“All that you're preaching sounds like a bunch of useless optimism.”
If this is church I like to receive some donations, but honestly who are you? I mean if this is the moral you have I am truly concerned for the well being of your fellow wrestlers, it’s this kind of attitude that destroys any hope. My idea was to share some experience and insight and did I expect it would work? I am hopeful, but people with a mindset like yours will hurt any chance. If we complain about Pro wrestling and other BYW forums and feds mistreating us, than why are you attacking me who is trying to help and become friends with you?

“Like trying to help a third world country attain the same sort of political stability in a first would country, it's exceedingly difficult without having the resources.” Why are you using voter talk on here? Are we going to have campaign ads that Rex is BYW Hilter and you’re the Joe the plumber? Seriously, this is why I feel a mindset such as yours will dictate those who want that encouragement and motivation to keep yarding and recruiting.

Back to top Go down
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 2:09 pm

Taking quotes out of someone's posts and responding to those directly can be pretty underhanded, since it gives the responder the opportunity to take those quotes out of context and ignore information meant to be associated with them. That wasn't the case here, I've just seen you do that a few times and thought you should know. Plus, it's annoying to read.

Yeah, that's kind of a gross assumption to make based off a sentence. Ass.

You said you have or had a promotion, that's what I meant by "associates." Foundation can't be a coined term, it's a word with a definition. "Foundation" is already applicable in wrestling, such as the "foundation" of a promotion or the "foundation" of a good wrestling accumen. You don't coin already applicable terms.

I think it's a good thing to want to wrestle despite people giving you shit. I hope more people develop that mentality.

I don't get the phrase, "If this is church ... donations." I feel like it might just be a play on me using "preaching," in which case we've come to another issue in semantics, since preaching doesn't have to refer to theological practices. Also, "moral" means more of a guiding sentiment one uses in handling important, often emotional situations. This is more of an "inference," in that I am inferring that you're spewing nonsense. Your kind of "insight" is more like a fantasy a ten-year-old can come up with but would never have the means to attain. That's why it's useless. The only promotions to attain your sort of organization are in the Northeast, and even then it's not quite so formal.

"Voter talk" makes you sound like a politically frightened hick. Maybe don't use it. I don't think my mindset will prompt anyone to alter their efforts to bolster their numbers or train, as I'm just one voice out of many. That's really my problem with you. I'm an idealist in many circles, but here your lengthy ideas are tired and useless. There are enough people fighting over what belts we should have, what regions states should fall under, where we should organize supershows, how to organize promotions, who is bad, who is good, who might actually stop being bad. There's no need for another useless voice, especially on here. If you want to contribute, tell these kids how to wrestle. They need that more than organizational tips that they won't be able to put into practice.
Back to top Go down
RexRansome

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:36 pm

I think it is evident here that both of us are off to a bad start; we should just focus on helping each other and providing them a place of working knowledge. That said; both of us don't know each other personally to make such statements. I come from a different time frame and stuck with what works and only wanted to encourage people and motivate them to keep BYW strong. If organizational tips are not of any importance than I welcome anyone with questions on how to wrestle. Adrain, Its best we both resolve this issue between us so we can delete this topic and move forward.
Back to top Go down
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:57 pm

You misuse semicolons. I just promise not to bother you any further. You didn't really do anything, just said your piece, a piece I didn't like. So issue resolved, though the topic doesn't need to be deleted, it isn't centered around us.
Back to top Go down
Innit
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
Innit

Federations : KWE

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:31 pm

I agree with the " Solve this ourselfs " part, but i'm not deleting the topic just because of a little disagreement.
Back to top Go down
Carl Robbin
Will Post for Stars
Will Post for Stars

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 8:35 am

Right the topic isn't going to be deleted but i will ask for it to be locked. If anything we just need to come up with ideas... if you have any ideas message me because i have plenty of ideas myself which will be in a separate topic.
Back to top Go down
logan
Will Post for Stars
Will Post for Stars

Federations : ITW, NIGGA, JEW, X2X, DBYW, TWA

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:17 pm

Well i have talked with him and he said im going to start out just attacking people i won't be introduced or anythign i will just be thta guy who talks shit and attacks people. When they finally introduce me im going to be a super heel. Like their will only be two people above me.
Back to top Go down
Carl Robbin
Will Post for Stars
Will Post for Stars

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:37 pm

Wrong topic lol... but i understand... you're going to have a CM Punk style gimmick of recent times... plus for a debut that is a bit weird already going to be a super heel?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.   The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The real reason why this forum is at the moment dead.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2