Backyard Wrestling Rulz Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to BYW

HomeABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry EmptyLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

Federations : ABW (defunct), MXW

ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry Empty
PostSubject: ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry   ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

PostSubject: Re: ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry   ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:42 pm

Feedback?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Jovi
Boss at being awesome
Shawn Jovi

Federations : RCW, ICW, ABW

PostSubject: Re: ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry   ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:39 pm

I'm gonna work on feedback as soon as I can. The last few weeks have been hell for me. Hopefully everyone else can help too with feedback soon.
Back to top Go down
https://bywrulz.forumotion.com
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

PostSubject: Re: ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry   ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 6:18 pm

Should I give myself feedback? xP
Back to top Go down
Absolution
Woah!!! You're half way there!!!
Woah!!! You're half way there!!!
Absolution

Federations : Absolute Championship Wrestling

PostSubject: Re: ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry   ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:57 pm

-Good chaining, need to fire those commentators though lol.

-I am glad you did a full match, I prefer them over music videos.

-I am not used to the bounciness of trampolines, but that is probably because they were too expensive for us when I was a kid lol.

-To reverse an arm bar instead of sliding out, it works a bit better to roll your opponent into a pin, or what they do in MMA is flip over to your stomach and twist your arm so the elbow isn't leveraged, from here you can go to a small package pin.

-I liked the exploder (if I am not mistaken) suplex. I always like suplexes!

-The backbreaker into a crossface was cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutewrestling.net
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

PostSubject: Re: ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry   ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:22 pm

Yeah, I realized as soon as I did the escape that it was lame. I think in an upcoming match I'll use what you suggested just to redeem myself. And yeah, my girlfriend was pretty silly in that match. "I need to use the phone when you guys are done!" The Miz says, "Really?"
Back to top Go down
Shawn Jovi
Boss at being awesome
Shawn Jovi

Federations : RCW, ICW, ABW

PostSubject: Re: ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry   ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:14 pm

-Chaining was pretty good
- The suplex right before the 7 minute mark was cool
-Suplex reveral near the end of part 1 was pretty
-After watching Part 1 I noticed there was ton of strikes and stomping in there. Not that it's a bad thing or anything it was just a lot lol
-Orton Backbreaker into the Crossface was pretty cool. I haven't seen that before.
-I love you for doing the steamroller thing that Kennedy/Anderson used to do. <3
-Ending was alright i guess

I'm not good at pointing out what people did wrong because I really don't know any better but overall it was alright especially for a trampoline match. Speaking of which. What happened to your base? I thought you guys built one last summer. Oh, and I feel as though you guys need referees too. RCW had no referees for ages but when we finally got some it made things a lot better.

Anywho, thanks for entering and sorry for the delay on my review =/
Back to top Go down
https://bywrulz.forumotion.com
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

PostSubject: Re: ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry   ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:55 pm

We had a base for like two weeks because my brother was thinking about renting my mom's house, which is where we built it at. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to afford it so she had to rent the place to strangers instead, so we couldn't keep the base there. We're trying to get one right now, though.
Back to top Go down
Innit
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
Innit

Federations : KWE

PostSubject: Re: ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry   ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 6:11 pm

Okay, now im gonna give full detailed feedback for once... =D

- The background commentary was hillaroius lol
- Good lockup at the start, i noticed that you stared at him and not down, which is good, and the following arm bars were also good, but when you are gonna flip out of a armbar: land on youre legs, or just roll out of it
- The elbow drops were good but the kicks were to sloppy, stiff them up!
- The clothelines did look kinda weak, try to make it look like you wanna take him down and knock him out, put force behind the clothesline
- Jump higher on the dropkick
- Good fight out of that arm submission, and cool reversal
- In my opinion the spear shouldnt just come out of anywhere, try to build up momentum first, and dont do like Edge lol
- Dont just kick him when you are gonna get the upper hand, make a cool reversal out of it...
- Dont push him into the pole if he dosent sell it right, that just makes it look rather lame, and nice dropkick after you pushed him into the pole
- I really liked that knee combo but you should have finished it with something bigger than a kick like that
- Cool suplex reversal, it looked clean
- The legdrop to the arm didnt exactly look so realistic, but bleh... its byw
- That arm wringer didnt make sence, dont do it out of notting, especially in the middle of the match..
- Same thing about the pole...
- Again, dont start pointless chaining in the middle of an match
- Cool sell on that backcracker, and also cool submission
- Dont fall back when you do a legdrop, it looks kinda weird
- Cool arm leg drop thing
- Was that a splash or???
- Stiff up those dropkicks
- Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the enziguries
- I liked that suplex, but i think you should try to speed up the headscissor
- Again, if you speed up those headscissors that move will be neat!
- Not a fan of Jeff Hardy fans on video.. -.-
- Okay, i did NOT like the ending, you guys could have managed a way better ending and not a simple swanton bomb, and try to build up the ending more to, make it look epic, like both of you are really fighting to win the match because that makes a match entertaining..

Not bad, not bad at all.
I Enjoyed this match but you guys could do better.

Good luck in the competition!
Back to top Go down
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

PostSubject: Re: ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry   ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:59 am

- Yeah, his armwrench counter was miscommunicated a little. I told him to flip, though I meant for him to counter, but he thought I meant I wanted him to take an armwringer flip bump, so then I wrenched his arm a LITTLE bit more stiffly like I was trying to force him to flip, but since I wasn't planning on it at first I didn't wrench hard enough for it to be even noticeable.

- Normally after the knee combo I do a running spinal kick, but since I already did a few regular spinal kicks, I decided to do a dropkick to his front instead, but then I didn't have enough room and botched it.

- I'm not sure what mid-match chaining you're referring to, I'd have to go back and look, but if you're talking about him working the arm it's not really chaining. He was just going back to work the body part I hope I was selling well (was I?), which a heel should do. Not towards the climax, though, but we were still building our way up. So those varying armbreakers (while sometimes slow) and the shoulderblocks I think were appropriately placed. I wouldn't mind if a third person offered his opinion on this, though.

- How would you recommend we sell being slammed into the ringpost better?

- The splash thingy was meant to be a corkscrew senton, but I over thought it and so fucked it up.

- I'm actually saddened when assisting him through the tilt-a-whirl legsweep because another dude in our fed, who normally sucks at everything, has been getting him through it faster than me Sad

- I wouldn't agree that a Swanton is a lame finisher, though I will say it does look sort of lame on a trampoline. From the top rope I like it. We tried a 450 Splash once and he ended up hitting me in the throat with his heel. I think it was because he tried flipping while standing right next to me, so I took away his bounce. Maybe we'll work on that and he can start using that as a finisher. I'll tell Tricky someone else thinks that taunt before doing the Swanton looks too much like Jeff's, though.

Was my selling alright? I've been the heel since ABW's second show back in November of 2008, so this was our first taped match of him working more in a heel role with me as more of a face, so I decided to use that opportunity to sell an injury, as is common in the typical heel-face match formula. The injury was meant to set up that ending, which is supposed to look like he struck my hurt arm to gain back control and do that tilt-a-whirl legsweep leading to his finisher. Did it not come off that way?

Thanks for the feedback, you gave me a lot to think about.
Back to top Go down
Innit
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
Innit

Federations : KWE

PostSubject: Re: ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry   ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 4:23 pm

- Well, at the ringpost, simply use more power when you trow yourself at it, that looks better and not kinda lame..

- The swanton is not a special finisher, cause it works exactly like a senton or a senton flip, and when its done not-diving, from the trampoline it just didnt make sense that you didnt kick out of that IMO, and doing a Jeff Hardy taunt gets very unoriginal..

- Yeah, youre selling was alright but remember that selling & bumping on a trampoline is extremely hard because of the bouncing which makes evrything rather unrealistic, and when i know that you are a heel you could have acted more like one but again, its hard without a "crowd"...

- I did notice that he worked on youre arm, and that was good but i didnt really know the history before you told me now.

Anyway dont take any of this the wrong way, i dont think you guys are bad or anything, i enjoyed the video but i just gave alot detailed feedback
Back to top Go down
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

PostSubject: Re: ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry   ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:04 pm

I definitely agree on bumping on a trampoline, I hate selling back bumps because I know people still won't buy into them.

Don't think I'm upset with your feedback or anything, I just had some other questions no one else had answered yet and since you left the longest reply, I thought you'd be the most willing to answer them. I very much appreciate your criticism, thank you.
Back to top Go down
xcpwrestling
Jobber
Jobber

PostSubject: Re: ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry   ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:03 pm

okay match for trampoline wrestling. Its not like I dont like tramps but I cant stand the bounce bumps not just watching , but from my past expreance with it, It looks so unreal. But thats my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

PostSubject: Re: ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry   ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:38 pm

It's cool, I don't like it much either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry   ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ABW - BYW Rulz Spring Challenge Entry
Page 1 of 1