Backyard Wrestling Rulz Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to BYW

HomeXCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge EmptyLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge

Go down 
+2
Absolution
xcpwrestling
6 posters
AuthorMessage
xcpwrestling
Jobber
Jobber

XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge Empty
PostSubject: XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge   XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Absolution
Woah!!! You're half way there!!!
Woah!!! You're half way there!!!
Absolution

Federations : Absolute Championship Wrestling

PostSubject: Re: XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge   XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:05 pm

I love full matches and I am glad they are being submitted to the spring challenge. I like the chaining, all I recommend is practice the collar elbow tie ups more so they look more like "shoots". Evan Stylez has some good crisp moves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutewrestling.net
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

Federations : ABW (defunct), MXW

PostSubject: Re: XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge   XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:49 pm

- Entrances were alright, I liked the nameplates.

- The commentary was awful.

- The guy in the red shorts (who at this point I'm pretty sure is the face) meandered way too close to the heel. You're about to wrestle someone, you're not hanging out together. Don't let your guard down. Act like you're concerned he could come from behind and attack you at any moment. Get into a fighting mentality.

- Construction worker vest was cool.

- The lock up looked alright from the first angle, but when you guys came around, I saw the heel fucking with his right arm. Either he botched the lock up on that side or he had a hard time transitioning into an armwrench. If the latter, I'll let you know a simple way to go into one from a lock up: simply slide your right hand down the arm, holding it the same way it was during the lock up, and then grab the wrist and wrench it counter-clockwise. I can't say what to do on your left side. I've never had any issue there, but I could be doing something without realizing. Watch the first armwrench of our spring challenge entry to see what I'm talking about.

- Good transition by the face. Heel should have tensed up a little though, make it look like more of a struggle. Not too much, however, because that counter is typically a quick one, so you can't struggle too much. Just enough to make it look like you're not letting him do what he wants.

- Heel's armwrench counter was decent but simple. Might have looked nicer if it had just been cleaner.

- Headlocks should be sort of wiener-to-wiener. Makes it easier to transition into a proper headlock takeover.

- Face bumped hard off that clothesline, but it looked needlessly nasty. Go straight backward, throw your legs out, tuck your chin onto your chest, brace your back a little with the backs of your arms, and breathe out just before impact as to not get the wind knocked out of you. The main problem was it looked like he accidentally smacked his head on the mat, not bumping first and then forcefully hitting his head on the mat to make it look more painful, which is a good way to sell if you do it right.

- At first the heel just standing around was alright because it seemed like he was just taunting the face, but then he let him get all the way up and get a strike in. As a heel, you should want to keep him down and if you taunt, you shouldn't let him get so far off the ground so that he just walks straight up to you and throws a forearm.

- The rule of left applies to Irish Whips. Do them with your left and on your opponent's left.

- Corkscrew shoulder block was pretty nice.

- The leglock looked lame at first, but the pose made it worthwhile.

- Why was the face working so much on the heel?

- Bad placement for the second lockup and it was sloppy.

- The step up enziguri was alright, but the heel didn't really look prepared. Plus, the foot sort of connected with the shoulder from what I saw.

- Heel should at least wear a belt during a match.

- Red shorts guy no longer looks like a face.

- Nice... corkscrew senton, I guess. Sucks it was to the legs.

- No commentator, the mini suplex was very lame.

- Seriously? The big guy was fixing his pants while the red shorts guy was setting up for something? Where's the sense in that? Nice Shining Wizard, though.

- The addition of the Dragon Sleeper made that hold look very nice.

- "Face to canvas" = basic front bump. The commentator should not try to put over simple moves.

- Neckbreaker was nasty, good neck bump.

- Mr. Commentator, you are no Matt Striker.

- Senton to the back was a good attempt, but the big guy fucked it up.

- I'm unclear about what was stinky.

- WAAAY too late for a side headlock, but the Angle Slam was good.

- Good 450 Splash, the finish was pretty good.

Overall, work on setting up who the face and who the heel is better. Also, try planning out the matches more thoroughly and study more matches to get a better idea for basic match structures. This was pretty sloppy, but not horrible; keep practicing and good luck.
Back to top Go down
The real Kris Blaze
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!

PostSubject: Re: XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge   XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:16 am

Good match
Back to top Go down
xcpwrestling
Jobber
Jobber

PostSubject: Re: XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge   XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:25 pm

Well, on the Heel and face aligment. Both are Heel. lol dont ask. Thats how it was book.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Jovi
Boss at being awesome
Shawn Jovi

Federations : RCW, ICW, ABW

PostSubject: Re: XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge   XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:12 am

Holy shit Adrian! That was good feedback!

Anyway, good job guys and thanks for entering Smile
Back to top Go down
https://bywrulz.forumotion.com
Innit
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
I'm so Damn Dandy!!!
Innit

Federations : KWE

PostSubject: Re: XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge   XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:10 am

- Cool ring, but whats under the tarp? Is it just the ground or?
- You had name plates, greeeeeeeeat!
- Nice, stiff lockup, but always remember to look your opponent in the eyes
- The armbars were okay, i like the triple kickup stuff, so good!
- Was that a bad clothesline? Or a shoulder block with your arm out? I honestly cant tell
- Think realistic, you just got hit in the face twice, be stunned or just bump it...
- Sick spinning forearm, clothesline, tornando kick thing xD...
- Double stomp was nice
- Dont chill on a submission hold, make it look like you want him to tap
- You fuckd up on the lock up
- Shoulder block was cool, but if you went down on your knees after doing it the move would seem more stiff
- Enzugeri were nice, and the same were the hurricanrana, but the guy taking the hurricanrana should flip right over, not at the side
- Dont stop wrestling like that
- Who's the heel and who's the face? Cause face's usually dont do low blows...?
- Physco lighting spiral, im suprised he managed to pull that off!
- Low suplex was cool, just stay serious under the matches
- Sick submission hold O.o
- Whatever that necbreacker thing was it was sick
- Get him alittle higher on that angle slam and you got it perfect!
- Good ending, the 450 splash were so unsafe but good tho!

Really good job at this! I liked it alot.
My advice is stay serious in the matches, and practice those forearms! =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge   XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XCPW Spring Wrestling Challenge
Page 1 of 1