Backyard Wrestling Rulz Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to BYW

HomeGBYWN WrassleMania I EmptyLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GBYWN WrassleMania I

Go down 
+3
Ski Mask Man
Absolution
OWF
7 posters
AuthorMessage
OWF
Active enough to be called a member
Active enough to be called a member
OWF

GBYWN WrassleMania I Empty
PostSubject: GBYWN WrassleMania I   GBYWN WrassleMania I I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:02 pm

Quote from Rad Hazard:

"Over the past decade, backyard wrestlers have tried to create "The Wrestlemania of Backyard Wrestling" and have gone from just city-wide mini-shows to all out mega events with people from all over the country, but I feel that we have never had "THE event", THE show that shows the world "This is where backyard wrestling is right now. These are the guys and these are the matches that show where we are right now." This, to me, seems to simply be because of one thing : travel. Not every major name can make it to a single show. Some have gotten close, but it's never been perfect. THIS is my concept to try to make that happen.

The concept is actually inspired by Wrestlemania 2. That event was held in 3 different parts over an entire evening, each part being aired from a different side of the country. I think this idea would work for backyard wrestling.

What I want to do is try to organize a 4-6 Supershow event spanning 2 or so weeks in mid-June. Each supershow will be held in a different location (example - New York, New Jersey, Florida, California, Indiana & Connecticut) and under a different name (GBYWN WrassleMania : Fuck your Face, GBYWN WrassleMania : Pan-Indiana, GBYWN WrassleMania : West Coast Pop, etc) and will be held within the same 2 or so weeks (might make it the whole month depending on what events pop up). Hopefully this is allow every single major name to be at one of these locations, and thus allowing us to truly garner the ultimate backyard wrestling experience through one multi-day (or multi-week) show : GBYWN Wrasslemania.

If you would like to host one of these events or convert an upcoming event for JUNE 2011 into this, please feel free to post here or contact me about it. Thank you.

Possible Events so far :

GBYWN WrassleMania : WZW Domination 9 - New York

GBYWN Wrasslemania : UCW - New York

GBYWN WrassleMania : KHW Ring Show - California"

For the California show, I want to go big and shut up the people who still don't believe in the west. So, this is for Absolution and the LWF guys mainly. If you guys could come that'd be amazing. It'll be a ring show and there will be a place to stay at. We want to show people the west is best!
Back to top Go down
Absolution
Woah!!! You're half way there!!!
Absolution

Federations : Absolute Championship Wrestling

PostSubject: Re: GBYWN WrassleMania I   GBYWN WrassleMania I I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:54 pm

I am getting married around that date, so we'll see how it works out! But there are two events in New York?
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutewrestling.net
Ski Mask Man
Cooler than John Cena
Cooler than John Cena
Ski Mask Man

Federations : SIW, AWE

PostSubject: Re: GBYWN WrassleMania I   GBYWN WrassleMania I I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 4:03 pm

I would attend this event.

This is because I am fantastic wrestler.

Skiing.
Back to top Go down
TinyTim
Wrestling... YAY!
Wrestling... YAY!
TinyTim

Federations : PWB

PostSubject: Re: GBYWN WrassleMania I   GBYWN WrassleMania I I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:24 pm

Which Region??
Back to top Go down
Ski Mask Man
Cooler than John Cena
Cooler than John Cena
Ski Mask Man

Federations : SIW, AWE

PostSubject: Re: GBYWN WrassleMania I   GBYWN WrassleMania I I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:28 pm

I will compete in New York.
Back to top Go down
Rad Hazard
Cooler than John Cena
Cooler than John Cena
Rad Hazard

PostSubject: Re: GBYWN WrassleMania I   GBYWN WrassleMania I I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:13 pm

A Florida show has been added
Back to top Go down
Rad Hazard
Cooler than John Cena
Cooler than John Cena
Rad Hazard

PostSubject: Re: GBYWN WrassleMania I   GBYWN WrassleMania I I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:14 pm

OWF wrote:
Quote from Rad Hazard:

"Over the past decade, backyard wrestlers have tried to create "The Wrestlemania of Backyard Wrestling" and have gone from just city-wide mini-shows to all out mega events with people from all over the country, but I feel that we have never had "THE event", THE show that shows the world "This is where backyard wrestling is right now. These are the guys and these are the matches that show where we are right now." This, to me, seems to simply be because of one thing : travel. Not every major name can make it to a single show. Some have gotten close, but it's never been perfect. THIS is my concept to try to make that happen.

The concept is actually inspired by Wrestlemania 2. That event was held in 3 different parts over an entire evening, each part being aired from a different side of the country. I think this idea would work for backyard wrestling.

What I want to do is try to organize a 4-6 Supershow event spanning 2 or so weeks in mid-June. Each supershow will be held in a different location (example - New York, New Jersey, Florida, California, Indiana & Connecticut) and under a different name (GBYWN WrassleMania : Fuck your Face, GBYWN WrassleMania : Pan-Indiana, GBYWN WrassleMania : West Coast Pop, etc) and will be held within the same 2 or so weeks (might make it the whole month depending on what events pop up). Hopefully this is allow every single major name to be at one of these locations, and thus allowing us to truly garner the ultimate backyard wrestling experience through one multi-day (or multi-week) show : GBYWN Wrasslemania.

If you would like to host one of these events or convert an upcoming event for JUNE 2011 into this, please feel free to post here or contact me about it. Thank you.

Possible Events so far :

GBYWN WrassleMania : WZW Domination 9 - New York

GBYWN Wrasslemania : UCW - New York

GBYWN WrassleMania : KHW Ring Show - California

GBYWN WrassleMania : BYW - Florida

For the California show, I want to go big and shut up the people who still don't believe in the west. So, this is for Absolution and the LWF guys mainly. If you guys could come that'd be amazing. It'll be a ring show and there will be a place to stay at. We want to show people the west is best!
Back to top Go down
TinyTim
Wrestling... YAY!
Wrestling... YAY!
TinyTim

PostSubject: Re: GBYWN WrassleMania I   GBYWN WrassleMania I I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 4:47 pm

Here is a shocker:
I will prolly be in the mid-west one.
Back to top Go down
Liam 'The llama' Doran
Liam 'The llama' Doran

Federations : ABWA

PostSubject: Re: GBYWN WrassleMania I   GBYWN WrassleMania I I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:22 pm

wat time in the year are these? cose if their next year (2011) im poping me head over to the usa for a few weeks so i might make an aperance at one of these
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/llamalord333
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

Federations : ABW (defunct), MXW

PostSubject: Re: GBYWN WrassleMania I   GBYWN WrassleMania I I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 5:13 pm

I don't like the location for the West one. California? It's as far West as we can get, excluding Hawaii. I'm not trying to throw out Colorado as a possible host, either, as it's almost as far East as the West region gets. I'd really prefer us to find something more in the middle, like Arizona or hell, maybe Adan Reyes could host in Utah. Otherwise, if the location is still California, I'd probably pick the Midwest's instead, since wherever it's likely to be (probably Illinois or Indiana) would be closer than California.
Back to top Go down
TinyTim
Wrestling... YAY!
Wrestling... YAY!
TinyTim

PostSubject: Re: GBYWN WrassleMania I   GBYWN WrassleMania I I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Adrian Blaqueheart wrote:
I don't like the location for the West one. California? It's as far West as we can get, excluding Hawaii. I'm not trying to throw out Colorado as a possible host, either, as it's almost as far East as the West region gets. I'd really prefer us to find something more in the middle, like Arizona or hell, maybe Adan Reyes could host in Utah. Otherwise, if the location is still California, I'd probably pick the Midwest's instead, since wherever it's likely to be (probably Illinois or Indiana) would be closer than California.
Adan hosting a yard show? not likely bro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GBYWN WrassleMania I   GBYWN WrassleMania I I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GBYWN WrassleMania I
Page 1 of 1