Backyard Wrestling Rulz Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to BYW

HomeWorking in a ring EmptyLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Working in a ring

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

Federations : ABW (defunct), MXW

Working in a ring Empty
PostSubject: Working in a ring   Working in a ring I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:13 pm

Who's done it? How does it compare to other surfaces you've worked on?

I just started it at the beginning of the month when Marcus and I debuted with MXW. The stiffness surprised me at first, but I've gotten used to it. What's been killing me, though, is the spacing. Before MXW, even if I was working a trampoline match we'd go out on the ground for me to hit my super stiff, leaping spinal kick because it was awkward on the trampoline. I've used it twice at MXW and each time it wasn't very stiff. I never feel like I have enough room for the leap. It's a pretty average ring, for the indies, at least, but it still feels more confined than working on the ground, obviously.

I finally got the hang of rope running at their last show, though. My rope running looked so bleh in my first match.
Back to top Go down
Zaq Cass
Wrestling... YAY!
Wrestling... YAY!
Zaq Cass

Federations : Collision Championship Wrestling, Superspag, New Total Destruction Wrestling

Working in a ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working in a ring   Working in a ring I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:02 pm

It feels great to me tbh. The spacing can be difficult, but if you just spot everything in the middle, you get used to it
Back to top Go down
http://hasio.deviantart.com
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

Working in a ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working in a ring   Working in a ring I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:03 am

That's what I've been trying for lately.

On the bright side, EVERYTHING LOOKS AND SOUNDS BETTER IN THE RING! Shit, I've had way better matches on the trampoline, ut I've watched the first I had in the ring more than most of them just because of how cooler everything is in the ring. It's mostly the sound. My T-Bone in the ring gets a big pop, whereas on the trampoline I could have just given him a clothesline for how people reacted to it.
Back to top Go down
pzwrestling
Cooler than John Cena
Cooler than John Cena

Working in a ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working in a ring   Working in a ring I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:34 pm

At first it can be mind blowing. Once you figure out the psychology of the ring, you are home.

Just to give you an idea...ever been lost in a match. Maybe you didnt hear the guy call a spot or both of you just shit the bed mentally for a second, in the ring, if someone sends you into the buckle, you can slowly fall to either side grab a rope and the other guy will know its his cue to choke you on the ropes or something of that nature, and you guys can regroup. The ring is beautiful and dangerous. Always try to bump in the center of the ring, and only hit the center of the ropes...Anything else is bullshit.

And when someone smashes your face in the buckle...hit it as hard as you can, its a damn cushion, just remember to use your forehead or turn your face so you dont break your nose.

There is alot more i could say but you get the point.. Good luck man
Back to top Go down
MWAcorp
Cooler than John Cena
Cooler than John Cena
MWAcorp

Federations : MWA

Working in a ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working in a ring   Working in a ring I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:48 am

I wrestle indy more then i do byw, I wrestle for the jcw and have been opining every show for the past 8months. its a great thing.
Back to top Go down
MWAcorp
Cooler than John Cena
Cooler than John Cena
MWAcorp

Federations : MWA

Working in a ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working in a ring   Working in a ring I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:48 am

I wrestle indy more then i do byw, I wrestle for the jcw and have been opining every show for the past 8months. its a great thing.
Back to top Go down
Adrian Blaqueheart
The Future of this site!
The Future of this site!
Adrian Blaqueheart

Working in a ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working in a ring   Working in a ring I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 2:38 am

pzwrestling wrote:
At first it can be mind blowing. Once you figure out the psychology of the ring, you are home.

Just to give you an idea...ever been lost in a match. Maybe you didnt hear the guy call a spot or both of you just shit the bed mentally for a second, in the ring, if someone sends you into the buckle, you can slowly fall to either side grab a rope and the other guy will know its his cue to choke you on the ropes or something of that nature, and you guys can regroup. The ring is beautiful and dangerous. Always try to bump in the center of the ring, and only hit the center of the ropes...Anything else is bullshit.

And when someone smashes your face in the buckle...hit it as hard as you can, its a damn cushion, just remember to use your forehead or turn your face so you dont break your nose.

There is alot more i could say but you get the point.. Good luck man

Thanks for the tips. That's a lot of good information.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Working in a ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working in a ring   Working in a ring I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Working in a ring
Page 1 of 1